Brewer's Ponderosa Lodge
Your Year Round Fun Spot


History
Hours of Operation
Directions
History

HISTORY OF THE PONDEROSA

THE PONDEROSA, PRIVATELY OWNED PROPERTY LOCATED ON THE

GREAT WESTERN DIVIDE, IS SURRONDED BY THE SEQUOIA

NATIONAL FOREST. THE KRAMER FAMILY ACQUIRED LAND IN 1895.

EARLY SETTLERS IN THE SAN JOAQUIN VALLY, KRAMER MEADOW

GRAZED SHEEP, CATTLE AND HORSES AND WAS A CAMPSITE AND

RESTING STOP FOR THE LONG TRIP OVER THE SIERRA MOUNTAINS

FROM THE MOJAVE DESERT. DEVELOPMENT OF THE AREA AS A

SMALL MOUNTAIN COMMUNITY BEGAN IN THE EARLY 1960'S. THE

PONDEROSA LODGE IS OPEN YEAR-ROUND AND THERE ARE NOW

APPROXIMATELY 110 HOMES (SOME ARE OCCUPIED BY YEAR-

ROUND RESIDENTS),

 

THE LAND OCCUPIED BY THE LODGE AND THE ADJACENT

COMMUNITY WAS SET APART BY A LAND GRANT WHICH

ESTABLISHED A RESERVED DESIGNATED AREAS IN EACH SECTION

OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES.

WHEN IT BECAME EVIDENT THAT SOME RESERVED AREAS WOULD

NOT BE POPULATED AT A LEVEL TO WARRANT CONSTRUCTON OF

SCHOOLS. THE LAND WAS MADE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE SALE.

11001100100010001100110011000000110000001000000011001100110000001000000011001100101000001100000011110000100010001010101010000000
HomeNews and EventsFacilities & ServicesContact Us